Find Out Who You Can Sue If You Suffer Injuries While Working On A Construction Site

Posted on

Some work locations are more hazardous and register a higher occurrence of injuries than others. For example, there are construction sites that have uneven ground, dangerous machinery, and exposed utility lines. These and similar factors make them extremely hazardous to workers and bystanders. If you suffer serious bodily harm while working on a construction site, you might be eligible for compensation from the parties responsible. Therefore, you need to contact a personal injury compensation attorney to ascertain the legal options you can pursue. The legal practitioner will investigate your accident to determine the wrongdoers, which may include the following:

Your Employer

Some injuries, like minor cuts and scrapes, may not be a big concern because they might heal after a few days. However, a devastating accident can cause more severe injuries that might require a longer treatment period. This might keep you out of work, and as a result, your recovery might be more difficult because you may be unable to pay for some of the required medical services. If this is the case, you may have several options for pursuing compensation, including filing a claim with your employer's insurer. This can enable you to get a payment to cover your medical expenses until you're ready to resume work.

However, this may only be possible if you meet all the requirements for filing for workers' compensation in your state. If you don't, you might get a denial when you render your application, regardless of how strong your case is. This is why you should consider working with a lawyer when seeking compensation after suffering an injury on a construction site. They will guide you through the process to ensure that you take all the appropriate steps needed when making an application.

Certain Third Parties

You can also sue third parties if you suffer severe harm while working on a construction site. For instance, you can file a claim against a machine manufacturer if their faulty equipment causes your injuries. You can also sue a property owner if you suffer injuries because of their negligence. For example, you can file a claim against them for failing to install guard rails to protect workers from falls. You can also take legal action against them if you suffer harm due to missing stairs, falling objects, open holes, and missing warning signs. Your lawyer will help you get compelling evidence in each of these cases. It will go towards proving that the wrongdoer did not take reasonable steps to make the premises safe for construction workers.

Injuries suffered on construction sites can be very expensive to treat and manage. They can also make you lose wages as you undergo treatment and recover. If this happens, you can get compensation by taking legal action against the responsible parties. A personal injury attorney can identify the offenders and take legal action against them to enable you to get justice.

If you need a consultation, call a personal injury attorney in your area.